A Swiss Army knife is not just useful for critical survival conditions, but it can be a handy tool for simple everyday uses. The tool comes with many features so anyone who was able to purchase this would be eager to know what each tool is for. In spite of its various hidden knives and their advantageous functions, the small and compact Swiss Army Knife is proven heavy-duty. According to bladespro.co.uk “the swiss army knife is perhaps one of the most useful knives available, especially for anyone that does not require a heavy duty knife”.
1. Because the Swiss Army Knife is made up of different tools, one will be familiar with at least 4 to 10 of the basic ones. These include a large blade, a small blade, a corkscrew, a can opener that has a 3-millimeter screwdriver that is flat-head, a bottle opener that has a screwdriver of 6 millimetres, wire stripper and a bender, hole punch or reamer, key ring, tweezers, and a toothpick. These are by far the basic tools that can be found in a traditional Swiss Army Knife and just by reading them; you can already tell that they can be used for everyday purposes.
2. The large blade is the key component. Since it has the same length and thickness as the handle, it can be used for anything which requires a sturdy knife. However, one must keep precautions in mind such as cutting away and not towards the body and ensuring that the blade would not snap with fingers. The blade can be used to cut food, slice cardboard, carve through wood, and all other uses that need a knife.
3. Depending on which knife is being used, it may have a small blade or not. It typically has the same form of the larger blade, albeit smaller. It is used for more delicate situations or fine objects.
4. There is also a corkscrew used to open wine bottles. It is advised to fold it out to extend away from the knife. The knife handle twists it through the cork, firmly holds it, and then pulls the cork to open the bottle.
5. The knife also has a can opener, but it is not the twist-cut type. Because it is a manual opener, the sharp tip needs to be punctured on the can’s cap and eventually moving towards the sides until the lid is fully traced through.
6. Besides a can opener, the knife also has a bottle opener to help with beverages. It is the opener’s flat tip that likewise functions as a screwdriver with its flat head of 6 millimetres. The notch at the bottom can also function as wire stripper and bender.
7. The toothpick and tweezers are at the bottom of the knife. Because these are delicate and small, take extra precautions not to get cuts in your skin.
Regardless of which Swiss Army Knife model is chosen, it provides several tools that are merged into one handy gadget. Widely available for purchasing online, this knife is an essential not only for defence but to help through cutting tasks more conveniently.